help-cfengine

2.1.9 on OS X?

From: Michael Stevens
Subject: 2.1.9 on OS X?
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:29:54 -0800

I'm trying to use cfengine 2.1.9 w/ OS X 10.3.8, and am having problems w/ bus errors, specifically during copy actions. This is my first attempt at using cfengine, so it's entirely possible I'm doing something-or-other wrong, however, I've compiled it on a RH9 Linux box and and am not having problems there with the same cfagent.conf test file. I found one patch specifically relating to bus errors, but I believe that one isn't necessary w/ 2.1.9 ( -lpub appears before $LIBS in configure.ac ) Here's the error I'm getting;

Checking copy from localhost:/usr/people/m/cftest/test to /private/tmp/test.copy
cfengine:: /private/tmp/test.copy wasn't at destination (copying)
cfengine:: Copying from localhost:
cfengine:: Can't copy !
Bus error

The ( extremely ) rudimentary cfagent.conf file I'm using is below.

control:
actionsequence = ( files links copy )

files:
/usr/people/m/cftest/test owner=m group=systems mode=0755
action=fixall

links:
/tmp/test.link -> /usr/people/m/cftest/test

copy:
/usr/people/m/cftest/test dest=/tmp/test.copy

M Stevens x192