help-cfengine

Re: Other possible cfengine weak areas?

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: Other possible cfengine weak areas?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:30:50 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> netconfig in the action sequence comprises the interface
> configuration. Here there is an "Old way to do it" and a
> "new way to do it" (see docs). The fact that the actionsequence
> name does not match the interfaces seciton is a historical
> quirk, because I orginally solved the problem poorly and ended
> up rewriting something better.

        Makes sense now.  Thanks!  But how do I define the IP addresses
for these interfaces?  I see the source doesn't have any hidden ip address
options to this, and in fact, doesn't appear to set any ip address at all
(although I was just looking in parse.c and install.c).  And I'm only on
2.1.0p1.

> > -----
> > interfaces:
> >          "eth0:0" netmask=255.255.255.0 broadcast=ones
> > -----

        Thanks,

--
Tim Nelson