help-cfengine

Re: boot strap problem

From: Martin A. Brooks
Subject: Re: boot strap problem
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 11:19:41 +0000

At 13:59 03/01/2003 -0600, you wrote:

Does anyone have an example of bootstrapping a new cfengine install. The problem I have is that after I install berkeleydb and cfengine, I have to run cfkey and then ssh this key to a master host. Problem is, I use cfengine for all software installs so I don't have cfengine on new hosts. I'm sure someone has solved this problem. It appears that cfengine has some features to account for the chicken and egg problem, but I thought I ask to see if someone has already thought of a clever solution.

This may not be appropriate to your case but, for one of my clients, I built a Redhat kickstart based rollout system that, as part of the installation, installed cfengine and hooked the server up to the master repository.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/