Re: [Mesa-dev] Mesa (master): glsl: do not use deprecated bison-keyword

From: Erik Faye-Lund
Subject: Re: [Mesa-dev] Mesa (master): glsl: do not use deprecated bison-keyword
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 15:31:55 +0200

On Wed, 2019-05-22 at 15:21 +0200, Hans Åberg wrote:
> > On 22 May 2019, at 08:54, Erik Faye-Lund <
> > address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > The problem is that Bison doesn't seem to have any mechanism for
> > doing
> > statements like these conditionally. The only way around that that
> > can see is to pre-process the source files somehow. But especially
> > with
> > three different build systems, that's not really a venue I find
> > particularly attractive. If someone can think of a neat solution, I
> > would certainly love to hear about it :)
>
> One can set the distribution so that the Bison sources are only re-
> compiled if modified.

This would only work for tarballs, though, no? Otherwise we'd need to
commit the generated files, which is tricky because the location
depends on where the build-dir is located, and would probably not play
well with different developers having different versions, leading to
variance in the generated result.

I don't really think this would work for us in Mesa. We no longer
generate the distribution using autotools since we switched to Meson,
we just do git archive these days.