Re: Is it always possible to make a non-reentrant parser reentrant?

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: Is it always possible to make a non-reentrant parser reentrant?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:27:48 -0600

> We should probably offer an example of a pull parser in examples/c.
> Have a look at the documentation to have an idea of what I mean.

OK. I will take a look at it.

Bash uses one parser to deal with both interactive run and
non-interactive run and uses a global variable to test whether the run
is interactive in many places in the code. This makes the
non-interactive run inefficient. For this reason, I'd like to make two
parsers --- one to deal with bash code interactively and another one
to compile it (either JIT or compile it into binary) and run. Do you
think this is a good strategy?

How to deal with the code that is in common between the two? What is
the standard practice to handle both interactive parser and
non-interactive parser? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Peng