Re: Security warnings when using LLVM 9

From: uxio prego
Subject: Re: Security warnings when using LLVM 9
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 13:30:56 +0000

I suspect builtin [macOS High Sierra] Clang maybe defaults to C89, or needs some
kind of flag in order to use C99?
By contrast, recent Clang claims to be trying GNU C11 first:
https://clang.llvm.org/compatibility.html
:/

However, as long as Bison doesn't use C99, there's no real reason to
use C99 for a
program using Bison - there would be some platform the program
would'nt build right
out of the box - isn't that the very reason Bison isn't using C99?

If one wants their software to be used, then why obstruct building needlessly?