Option for Bison like Flex's %option prefix

From: Chris Verges
Subject: Option for Bison like Flex's %option prefix
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:08:18 -0800

I am writing a couple of parsers using Bison and Flex that have to be compiled into the same application. This means the -P/-p options have been a God-send. But I wanted to make it so that the user doesn't have to know how to pass in the -P and -p options to correctly generate the file.

Flex has an option that helps with this:

        %option prefix="my_custom_prefix_"

I have been searching for a similar option in Bison that I can place in the .y file header section, but cannot seem to find one. So now I ask the Bison mailing list -- does this exist?! (And if not, why not? It's a *really* nice way to do things, including all of the command-line options in the actual .y file itself.)

Thank you for any help!

chris