Query regarding Parser stack

From: Rachna Khanna
Subject: Query regarding Parser stack
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:33:51 +0530

Hello,

I am using Bison version 1.875.

My project requires to be tested under environment where files having
many source lines can be specified. But in such a situation, the parser
stack overflow occurs and unintialized memory is being accessed which
leads to the application getting terminated.

Earlier I was using an older version of Bison i.e. version 1.24 and was
facing the same problem. To rectify the problem, I changed the stack
limits (YYINITDEPTH, YYMAXDEPTH). I had also raised this query in the
Bison help mailing list and got the reply that in future versions a
dynamic method of parser stack generation will be implemented. In the
present version(1.875) also, I have had to change the stack size limits
in the file "yacc.c". After changing the limits the application worked
successfully.

Can anybody please clarify that is there any other method to increase
the stack size other than changing the static way?

Thank You,
Rachna Khanna.