Reentrant Parser

From: Ramaswamy
Subject: Reentrant Parser
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:40:13 +0530

Hi,
    I am using bison 1.75. I wanted to write a pure-parser where I pass a parameter to the yyparse. In the .y file I have given

"#define YYPARSE_PARAM   translationUnit"

and am using it in one of the productions. But I get the following msg -

./asnGrammar.y: In function `yyuserAction':
./asnGrammar.y:105: `translationUnit' undeclared (first use in this function)
./asnGrammar.y:105: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./asnGrammar.y:105: for each function it appears in.)

    I have given %pure-parser declaration to enable pure parser generation. Only when I define the object in the yacc file itself in the same name 'translationUnit' does it work. But bison manual says that defining the macro is sufficient and the object can be from main file. Kindly advise as to how to pass arguement to a reentrant parser when the object is defined in some other fiile. Thanking you in advance.

Regds
Ram
---------------------
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Synergy Infotech Private Limited and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have
been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended
recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for
delivering the information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any
use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. We have taken
precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we
advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this
message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software
viruses. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this
mail & notify us immediately at mailto:address@hidden