[no subject]

From: Aleksander Kiriakow
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:42:39 +0100

Hi!

I’m sorry to bother you, but I’ve never mailed a help-list before, so I’ve got no idea what to expect, and what info to provide.

Anyhow, upon running the ./configure script (as root, on a FreeBSD 5, in a Bash shell, bison-1.875) I get the following output.

Thing is, upong the first try I was told I had no GNU M4 1.4. Well, so I installed it. And the script seems to detect that…

Nevertheless, it complains….

Any ideas?

Yours,

/Alex

checking for gawk... no

checking for mawk... no

checking for nawk... nawk

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for suffix of executables...

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

checking for strerror in -lcposix... no

checking for egrep... grep -E

checking for ANSI C header files... yes

checking for sys/types.h... yes

checking for sys/stat.h... yes

checking for stdlib.h... yes

checking for string.h... yes

checking for memory.h... yes

checking for strings.h... yes

checking for inttypes.h... yes

checking for stdint.h... yes

checking for unistd.h... yes

checking minix/config.h usability... no

checking minix/config.h presence... no

checking for minix/config.h... no

checking for flex... flex

checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes

checking lex output file root... lex.yy

checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes

checking for bison... no

checking for byacc... byacc

checking for ranlib... ranlib

checking for gm4... no

checking for gnum4... no

checking for m4... /usr/bin/m4

checking whether m4 supports frozen files... no

configure: error: GNU M4 1.4 is required