Re: Do parsers produced with C++ Skeleton Parser (lalr1.cc) have a sp ec

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Do parsers produced with C++ Skeleton Parser (lalr1.cc) have a sp ecial exception from GPL?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:49:55 +0100

 Kryuchkov> Dear Bison creators/maintainers,

Hi!

 Kryuchkov> I noticed that C++ Skeleton Parser doesn't have a special
 Kryuchkov> exception from GPL license the same way C parser has.
 Kryuchkov> Does it mean that C++ parsers can't be used in commercial
 Kryuchkov> applications?

Correct.

 Kryuchkov> If this is the case, it is kind of sad that C has an
 Kryuchkov> advantage over C++ in terms of licensing.

Actually, from our point of view, it's the converse: too bad that yacc
output has this exception.