Bison invalid input '\r' question and C++ in YACC/BISON

From: Hiren
Subject: Bison invalid input '\r' question and C++ in YACC/BISON
Date: 13 Feb 2003 14:31:18 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to work on a parser using C++.  I've read some documentation
that indicated that I need to use the extern "C" {...} command to allow
C++ headers to function correctly.  I am not sure how that works exactly
though.  If someone can kindly help.

Furthermore, I wrote my initial parser in yacc and I believe using bison
would have no problem except I get a invalid input '\r' on every line I
have written.  I don't see any extra characters so I'm a little
confused.  The Bison version I'm using is 1.35.

I have three files.

ts.y - yacc grammer file
ts.l - lexer file
mymap.h - file that has includes of map, multimap and other structures.

I need to know how to compile them together as well using which
options.  Please direct me.

Thanks.

Hiren