Re: Newbie: Installation on Win32

From: Nigel Stewart & Fiona Smith
Subject: Re: Newbie: Installation on Win32
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:49:10 +1100

Justin,

One option is to install Cygwin, which is a complete Unix environment
for Win32.  http://www.cygwin.com/

Another option is to find a pre-built bison binary for Win32,
such as:
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

These are probably easier options than tweaking your windows compiler
to make your own binary.

Regards,

Nigel Stewart

Hi,

Please forgive me if I'm breaking any Newbie rules on this forum.  I didn't
see any rules posted so I'm taking the chance of not offending anyone.  I'm
not sure I know how to install Bison on my Windows XP machine.

I've downloaded the Bison 1.875 and unzipped the package, and have read
thought the INSTALL file.  But all the directions pertain to the UNIX
platform.  Should I just simply compile the source?  What will happen if I
don't run the configure file?Are there any environment variables I should
set? Can anyone point me in the right direction, I didn't see any
documentation referring to Windows?

Thanks,
Justin