Parse a string

From: Karlheinz Toni
Subject: Parse a string
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:44:08 -0800

Hi there,

I am using the bison generated file with c. I have got 2 Major questions:

1.)     How can one parse a string? So if I have got a text like “ I go shopping today” how can I parse each word of this string, what does the yylex-function look like

2.)     How can I parse the text of a file. All examples I found show how to parse user input, but what I want to do is write the text in a file and parse the text out of that file. What does the yylex function look like?

Could anyone help me please. I don’t find any documentation on the web.

Thx,

Sincerely

Karlheinz Toni