Troubles going beyond extracting the bison files on a Windows-XP compute

From: Lawrence Patrick Somerville
Subject: Troubles going beyond extracting the bison files on a Windows-XP computer
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 05:22:40 +0000

My computer has a Windows-XP, Home-Edition operating system with either 240 or 256 megabytes of random access memory (RAM). In the command-prompt mode when I go to the directory containing my extracted bison files from bison-1.75.tar.gz, or close to it, I typed "./configure" according to the Bison INSTALL file's instructions. But the computer didn't recognize the period at the beginning of "./configure". I also tried typing just plain "configure" and received the response that my computer's memory was insufficient. What do I do to install+compile bison 1.75 on my computer? My goal is have Visual C++ 5.0 recognize a "bison" command in an Apache-2.0.43 (including Secure-Sockets-Layer- (SSL-)0.9.6 security built from http://www.openssl.org/) build after placing probably a bison.exe-type file in my computer's path. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me.

Pat