is Bison the correct tool to use?

From: Olson, Dave -Systems
Subject: is Bison the correct tool to use?
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:27:59 -0500

I'm looking for a way to scan lots of C++ code for certain method names and
then detect whether one of a list of identifiers is used by that method.  I
began delving into Bison to see if I can write a simple grammer/script to do
that, but I woud appreciate an experienced opinion.  Can I extract the
entire method body as one compound-statement and pass it to my own C code?
Is Bison the right tool to use to do this?
sincerely,
David A. Olson
Transportation Simulation and Systems Department
ITT Industries, Inc., Systems Division
Dave.Olson AT ITT.com

If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by
nor attributable to ITT.