RE: Help-bison digest, Vol 1 #197 - 4 msgs

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: RE: Help-bison digest, Vol 1 #197 - 4 msgs
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:52:48 +0100

At 10:53 +0600 2001/11/19, Hareendra Pelige wrote:
>I am very interesting in learning and implementing Compilers.
>I need some information regarding following topics. If you know them please
>help me.
>What is turing machine?
>Implementation of turing machine from basic to advance.

I suggest that you go to the Usenet newsgroup comp.compilers -- this is a
list for Bison specific problems.

Otherwise, a Turing machine, I recall, is a binary machine with a finite
set of states, but with infinite memory (an unended paper strip, which can
be stepped forwards and backwards, and which can marked and remarked with
binary information). So in particular, the computers we use are strictly
not Turing machines, as they only have a finite amount of memory. The
importance of Turing machines is theoretical, different machines are
equivalent in a certain sense (anyone can do what any other can do).

A standard book about compilers is the so called "Dragon Book", which in
reality is by Aho, Sethi & Ullman, "Compilers Principles, Techniques, and
Tools".

  Hans Aberg