Hi

From: Vijayaraghavan Jagannathan
Subject: Hi
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:59:54 +0530

Hi all, I have the following requirement.  Can anyone suggest a method by which this can be solved.

A syntax description written in Bison parses the following synatx.

Section A
    statements in Section A
END;
Section B
    statements in Section B
END;
Section C
    statements in Section C
END;
Section D
    statements in Section D
END;

These four sections in a single syntax file could be easily parsed by writing a grammar that looks for the section headers and then parsing the section on the sub-grammar defined for that.

Consider a following sequence:

If the Sections are defined in separate files and are to be combined together to form the input syntax !!! Like the way we do include header files in C/C++ as given below :

FileName : "abc.sourcefile"

#include <SECTION A FILE>
#include <SECTION B FILE>
#include <SECTION C FILE>
Section D
    statements in Section D
END;

where
SECTION A FILE is as follows:

Section A
    statements in Section A
END;

and similarly other files contain only their sections.

The parsing functionality is an interface provided via a DLL. i.e. another process will consume this parse function.  The parse function will be called likewise
parse("abc.sourcefile").   The "abc.sourcefile" is to be opened inside the parser.  If it contains #include statements as above ! how to process them !  If it is a EXE, we can call CPP32 a C Pre-processor available in windows platform.  I want a solution for DLL.

How to process the #include directive.  If anyone has a solution, please do let me know.

Thanx in advance

JVRN.

Note :  I use Visual Studio 6.0 to compile the C file that is generated by the parser.