Re: [Help-bash] bash way of variable substitution

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] bash way of variable substitution
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 09:28:16 -0600

>> It's 10,000 lines of C but this is how substitution is implemented in Bash.

It is too long for me to understand. And because it does more than my
specification in the original email, most of the code probably is not
relevant to my spec.

For my spec, is my implementation a reasonable replication of what is
implemented in bash?

> The Springsteen quote at the top of the file still applies.

I am not sure what you refer to.

--
Regards,
Peng