[Help-bash] Bash sources fine-grained history

From: Michal Koutný
Subject: [Help-bash] Bash sources fine-grained history
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 13:14:23 +0200

Hello.

In commit
    0001803f: Bash-4.1 distribution source
I can see the following record:
> trap.c
> - fix _run_trap_internal and run_pending_traps to save and restore
>   value of subst_assign_varlist so the dispose_words on it doesn't
>   leave dangling pointers after the trap handler runs. Fixes bug
>   reported by Marc Herbert <XXXXXX>
Unfortunately, that commit apparently merges multiple changes effected
on bash sources which makes it difficult to pinpoint the exact changes
that yielded that particular fix.

My question is -- does exist alternative bash source repository where
the history would be tracked more finely, i.e. with tighter
correspondence to the changelog entries?

Thank you,
Michal Koutný

(Please include me in Cc:, I'm not subscribed to the list.)