[Help-bash] Bash don't get run during boots up

From: Park Kit
Subject: [Help-bash] Bash don't get run during boots up
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:40:28 +0100

Hello all,

Sorry if this question is inappropriate in this forum. However, I am not
sure where I seek to get help for this and if there is other forum or
mailing-list which is more appropriate please let me know.

I have cross-complied Bash but I don't get a prompt when a box boots up.
Have used bash as init process.

In order to prove that the runtime is okay, have tried simple application
that is build either static or dynamic and the both works okay. However,
when tried to use Bash, it boots up but do not get a prompt.

In order to see how far Bash goes, added logs lines to main in shell.c
using report_error() but no outputs so not sure if Bash gets run or not.

Have anyone has suggestions or ideas on how to approach this and to know if
Bash gets run?

Many thanks,
Kit