heartlogic-dev

[Heartlogic-dev] GPL (was Re: do we need to keep 'em coming?)

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] GPL (was Re: do we need to keep 'em coming?)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:42:02 +0530

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:56:07AM -0600, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> Anyway, it would be really cool if this kind of work could have clinical
> applicability.  And it could make a modest amount of $$$ too, maybe.
> I.e. once the knowedge was captured, it could be put into a tutoring
> system that could be sold.   BTW, this is going to be GPL'd right?  And
> that gives us a prayer of profiting from our work, right?

Yes.

In the case of GPL, our customers buy from us because they think
we are cool.  In the case of a proprietary license, our customers
buy from us because we strangled our competition and our
customers don't have a choice.

It takes more effort to be cool, but it's the right thing to do.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aleader