Re: [Health] Inpatient management - Admission error

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Inpatient management - Admission error
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 17:51:55 +0000

Dear Armand
On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 16:15:15 +0000 (UTC)
Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear community,
> We are getting the following error message when trying to confirm an
> admission in the inpatient module: "The admission date must be today"
> I tested it with the online demo database and I am getting the same
> message. For example, I'll be unable to record today, an admission
> that occurred a week or 3 days ago. In Bafia, Cameroon, users face
> with recurring power supply failure. It is therefore very difficult
> to meet the requirement of recording the information the same day.
> Did anyone find a work around to this issue? Kind regards, Armand

Thanks for the feedback !

The patient hospitalization has different stages. The very first one is
to make the reservation. This is done ahead of the hospitalization.
Once the patient and the hospital confirm the admission date, a bed is
reserved to the patient during her / his stay period.

Finally, when the patient arrives to the hospital is when the
hospitalization is done. So, basically, we'll admit the person in the
health institution the very same day that the person enters.

Most processes (including the bed reservation, Operating Rooms, meals,
roundings, stock moves, etc..) take the current date automatically.
Doing it manually, retrospectively would be quite cumbersome.

If you just want to record the information related to the
hospitalization, a workaround writing the info without confirmation.
The upcoming version of GNU Health allows you to enter a Patient Page
of Life in the context of hospitalization for historical
purposes.

Let me know your thoughts

All the best
Luis