Re: [Health] Updating patient conditions

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Updating patient conditions
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 15:10:45 +0000

Dear Khurram

On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 12:19:20 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
>
> It is an honor to be part of this system. Thank you for giving us this
> opportunity.
>
> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 11:49 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Dear Khurram
> >
> > Thanks a lot for the feedback / suggestions !
> >
> > On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 10:02:46 +0500
> > Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Luis,
> > >
> > > The concept of conditions is very nice but it is very tedious for
> > > doctors to use it specially where there is so much load of
> > > patients. I have following come across following observations
> > > from doctors regarding conditions:
> > >
> > > 1. The very first evaluation, in which the doctor diagnosed the
> > > condition, should also appear in the 'Related Evaluation' section
> > > of condition.
> >

> > What if that very first evaluation result in a trivial condition or
> > non-dx visit ?
> >

> That's a valid scenario. But, in that case we don't need to relate to
> any condition. My point is, a patient comes and the doctor creates a
> Evaluation for a diagnosis like 'Cholera'. The doctor also decides
> and create a Condition for it. How can doctor relate both Evaluation
> and Condition as the Evaluation is not 'Follow Up'; it is the
> patient's first visit for this condition.

That would be scenario "2", then... right ?

> > > 2. There should be some quick method for creating a condition from
> > > Patient Evaluation. For example, we can have a button 'Create &
> > > Link Condition' and when the doctor clicks this button, a
> > > condition is opened with some fields like diagnosis already
> > > filled. Doctors simply have to enter some more details for this
> > > condition and save it.
> >
> > Agree ! I believe this feature will save time. We will create a task
> > for upcoming 3.4 with this.
> >

> > > 3. In Patient Evaluation form, the doctor can see and select the
> > > condition only when visit type is 'Follow up'. At times, the visit
> > > type is not correctly set and hence doctors don't see condition
> > > field and hence miss it. I think, the condition field should
> > > always be there to avoid this situation.
> > >
> > A have mixed feelings about this one :)
> >
> > At one side, if the professional has been trained, she / he should
> > not missed it. Also, a visible extra field clutters a bit the form.
> >

> > On the other side, missing it supposes creating a new condition that
> > will affect statistics .
> >
> > Let me know your thoughts and thanks again !
> >

> In a situation when a doctor has to treat around 50 patient in 8
> hours, he/she has to primarily concentrate on physical interaction
> with patient. The doctors have very small time to think and enter
> data in system.

Agree on that one. That is why we have to find the balance in
ergonomics and functionality.

Let's start on point "2" and we can further discuss whether to make the
evaluation type visible at all times.

Any thoughts are most welcome :)

Thank you again Khurram for the very valuable feedback !
Luis