Re: [Health] PUID on Patieent Information

From: Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto
Subject: Re: [Health] PUID on Patieent Information
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 08:40:13 -0500

Hi Luis

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Carlos !

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 05:34:41 -0500
Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Coders
>
> I was reviewing some of the block fo code related to gnu health in
> order o understand how gnuhealth is managing patient and party
> relationship, how ever I have noiced ( GNU Health 3.0.5 )

You should upgrade to 3.2.x ;-)

> 1. On health/view/gnuhealth_patient_form, about identification code,
> thre is a comment "You might also want to use the Health_archives
> module", I guess this is the most natural way of working with paper
> archives, however I dont understand the reason of taking of this kind
> of information that could be so important in order on search this
> field.

Most health institutions have their own clinical / patient history
record. This is translated to "Medical Record" type on the "Alternative
IDs" of the person.

I have try to figure this mail and check the gnu health, and database, however, for been really honest, I couldnt fin
​d how to implemente it. Let me explain it as a User Story

As a Health Professional
​I want to have my patients clinical archives on GNU Health
So​ I could search a Patient using
- Current ID
- Older Medical Record ID
In order on no lost this information and ID, since it is an alternative ID, it is no really usefull, because I need it as a patient information, no person information. Laso this ID for my new patients must have a incremental or autogenerated way

After reading the code related the code block comments, that I gues it was a really good option and for been honest, I guess was a mistake to comment it, because is most intuitive and easier way on manage this kind on data migrated into gnu health from other systems

Best regards

It's useful when, for example, the data has been imported / merged
to GNU Health from different health institutions, or from paper-based
(archives) records.

> 2. About PUI on the same, about the code, is using itw own secuence,
> however t the same code, it is using the party PUID, then my question
> is why is the reason on havingits own sequence number if the patient
> PUID will take this code from the party, I guess the patient PUID
> must be unique and use its own sequence, since it will have its own
> natural sequence as a patient, that most of time won be the same as
> the partu that couldnt no be a patient

In the PUID, unless specified, GNU Health generates an alphanumeric
string of the form "XXXNNNZZZ" automatically.

This applies to parties that are physical persons ("people"
attribute). When the party is not a physical person, the "NP-" (for
"non-person") is prefixed to the string, and it won't be shown on the
main form.

> My questions:
>
> 1. is there a way to get back the identification code on patient?

Yes. People and Patients can be searched by any type of ID (PUID or
alternative IDs).

> 2. is there a way to use the patient sequence on patient instead of
> party PUID?

You can override the PUID method and use a sequence instead. However,
it won't be unique, since that sequence will be the same in every
institution you install GNU Health HMIS, and that is not good.

Starting GNU Health 3.2, we are linking the GNU Health HMIS with the
GNU Health Federation (see https://pypi.python.org/pypi/thalamus ).
That's part of the reason to have the GNU HEalth Federation ID, to be
able to have single and up-to-date demographics and medical
history of the person across distributed, heterogeneous networks.

Thank you for your feedback and hope this helps !

All the best
Luis
--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc