Re: [Health] installation problem on unix

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] installation problem on unix
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 08:54:38 +0100

Dear Dirk

Thank you  for your kind email and report on  OmniOSCE.

Let me answer in-line.
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 18:41:51 +0200
Dirk Willems <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Some doctors in my neighborhood are very interested in your
> wonderfull GNU Health tool and want to have it running so they can
> start with experiment and using it.
>
> But it seems I experience some trouble with the installation of it.
>

> I try to install the gnu health 3.2.1 on OmniOSCE (Unix)

Try following the generic steps on

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation

> Then I have trouble with the Securtiy Patches because I don't run
> Freebsd but OmniOS witch is also UNIX
>
>          - Apply Security Patches using GNU Patch

[...]
>          address@hidden:~# source ./gnuhealthrc
>
>          -bash: ./gnuhealthrc: No such file or directory

This is because the previous installation steps were not successful,
so the file won't be there.

> I just went through the installation and with the ./gnuhealth-setup
> install I got following :
>

> gcc -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -pipe -O2 -pipe -O2
> -I/usr/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/ncurses
> -I/opt/local/include/db4 -pipe -O2 -pipe -O2 -I/usr/include
> -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include         /ncurses
> -I/opt/local/include/db4 -pipe -O2 -pipe -O2 -I/usr/include
> -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/ncurses
> -I/opt/local/include/db4 -fPIC -DPSYCOPG_DEFAULT_PYDATETIME=1
> -DPSYCOPG_VERSION="2.7.3 (dt dec pq3 ext lo64)"
> -DPG_VERSION_NUM=90603 -DHAVE_LO64=1 -I/opt/local/include/python3.6
> -I. -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/postgresql/server -c
> psycopg/psycopgmodule.c -o
> build/temp.solaris-2.11-i86pc.64bit-3.6/psycopg/psycopgmodule.o
> unable to execute 'gcc': No such file or directory error: command
> 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

It looks like you are missing the GCC compiler

[...]

> If you want I will provide you the documentation on how to install it
> on OmniOS and I'm definitely will work with you Guy's to have it
> running on OmniOS, So that other people can also benefit from it.

Thank you !

Let us know how it goes, and you should be able to install and run GNU
Health on your OS !

All best

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc