Re: [Health] issues with making Reporting and Statistics

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] issues with making Reporting and Statistics
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 13:40:55 +0100

Dear Fares

On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 18:39:17 +0200
Fares Younis <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've spent a plenty to time trying to understand how is the reports in
> (Health + Reporting) Modules are being created so that I can perform
> some changes, specially for creating  Statistics reports.
>
> Also i checked both ( GNU Health's Technical Guide ) and ( Tryton
> documentation ) I didn't find anything useful regarding this matter,
> and I found some example links in the Tryton docs but all the links
> are dead, right here:
>
> http://doc.tryton.org/1.4/trytond/doc/reports.html

That link is old. You might want to look at a more updated version

http://doc.tryton.org/4.2/trytond/doc/topics/reports/index.html

This one (4.2) matches the Tryton version for the upcoming GNU Health
3.2

> Please, if you can help me understand how it works, or if you have any
> documents that might be useful to achieve this;

Please take a look at the module "health_reporting". There you have
different types of reports, and ways of building them.

From basic reports that don't need coding, just using ODT, to more
complex scenarios (like the summary report), that builds on the fly the
population pyramid.

By the way, starting Health 3.2, the we want to move the analytic
processing to the GNU Health Information server (Thalamus / MongoDB).
This will take off the load from Tryton, which will serve more the
transactional, operational tasks. You will still do reporting at Tryton
level, but more focused on the current instance / health facility, and
little aggregation.

This is work in progress, but it's good to keep it in mind :)

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc