Re: [Health] Permanently delete Lab Tests shipped with source

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: Re: [Health] Permanently delete Lab Tests shipped with source
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 20:49:28 +0500

Dear Luis,

> > > When the health_lab module is installed, it creates some lab tests
> > > (and their corresponding products). We have deleted those tests
> > > as we don't need them. But, when we update health_lab module
> > > after some customization, those tests appear again.
> > >
> > > Is there anyway that we can remove these tests permanently; i.e.
> > > when we upgrade 'health_lab' module, these tests are not inserted
> > > to database again.
> > >
> > Thanks for reporting !
> >
> > Try changing the noupdate flag to 1 on the xml file and update the
> > DB, and update the module. You can also check it on Administration
> > -> Models -> Data
> >
> > Let us know if it worked.
> >

> I have set this flag to 1 but it did not work. I even deleted all
> records from the xml file but it did not work.

Hmm. It should after you remove them from the instance (via Admin ->
Models -> Data ) and update the module.

Of course, try it first in a non-production server.

I set the noupdate flag to 1 and deleted one record (a disease with code 'K90.0'), Then I tried to update the module. But, update failed with the following error:
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or number, not a 'NoneType'

Then I first deleted the corresponding record from the disease.xml file (with code 'K900') and then tried to update it again. It failed again with following error:
Exception: Reference to to health_icd10.K900 not found.

Thus, I failed with flying colors in removing the shipped_with_installer disease codes.

I have found the ICD-10 2016 comprehensive disease code (attached herewith). This list contains more than 95,000 codes that too in US English. Can you please suggest some other method?

Best Regards,
Khurram.