Re: [Health] Change the name of dengue module - suggestion

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Change the name of dengue module - suggestion
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 12:37:02 +0000

Hi again, Roberto !

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 11:36:53 +0000
Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Roberto !
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 22:27:34 -0200
> Roberto Novaes <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Dear Friends,
> >
> > Considering that Aedes aegypti is the vector of many different
> > diseases (dengue, yellow fever, western nile fever, zika and
> > chikungunya, just to name the most important ones), don't you think
> > the health_ntd_dengue module should be renamed to health_ntd_aedes
> > or something similar? In fact, it deals with vector data, not
> > specific disease info.
> >
> Sorry for the delay !! The email didn't go to the
> right folder :)
>
> You have a very good point, however, this module also include specific
> Dengue lab tests (ELISA, IgG, PCR, PRNT).
>
> However, I think we can rename things such as the vector surveys for
> domiciliary units, and instead of saying Dengue DU Survey, it could
> say "Aedes DU Survey".
>
> Let me know your thoughts.
>
> BTW : I will include the other Aedes genus species in the survey for
> 3.2

Thinking over the Aedes species, DU surveys, and on, we could create
a parent module that deals with vectors of diseases, and that the
health_ntd_xxx (eg, chagas, dengue), would use them.

In the dengue case, we keep the current functionality
of health_ntd_dengue lab tests, guidelines, etc.. . It will have a
dependency on health_vector_aedes, which will hold the aedes species
known to transmit diseases, and other generic info valid to that genus.
We would move the current DU survey functionality to the
health_vector_aedes module.

Let me know your thoughts.

Have a great day !
Luis