Re: [Health] Change the name of dengue module - suggestion

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Change the name of dengue module - suggestion
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 11:36:53 +0000

Hi Roberto !
On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 22:27:34 -0200
Roberto Novaes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> Considering that Aedes aegypti is the vector of many different
> diseases (dengue, yellow fever, western nile fever, zika and
> chikungunya, just to name the most important ones), don't you think
> the health_ntd_dengue module should be renamed to health_ntd_aedes or
> something similar? In fact, it deals with vector data, not specific
> disease info.

Sorry for the delay !! The email didn't go to the
right folder :)

You have a very good point, however, this module also include specific
Dengue lab tests (ELISA, IgG, PCR, PRNT).

However, I think we can rename things such as the vector surveys for
domiciliary units, and instead of saying Dengue DU Survey, it could
say "Aedes DU Survey".

Let me know your thoughts.

BTW : I will include the other Aedes genus species in the survey for 3.2

Bests,
Luis