Re: [Health] Live CD 3.0 released

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Live CD 3.0 released
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 13:15:46 +0000

Dear Armand
On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 12:57:37 +0100
Armand Mpassy-Nzoumba <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis, Dear Axel,
>
> First of all happy new year and congratulations to Luis and off
> course all others for the great work that is being accomplished. I
> just know a few of you guys (Luis, Selene, Cedric, Nicolas, Axel) and
> I just joined this community about a year ago. However, I can tell
> you that it is having a huge impact on the health of communities in
> central Africa and very soon in West Africa as well.
>
> I implemented the lab module of GNU Health at the Medical Research
> Center in Franceville (Gabon). I they do medical lab analyses for the
> population of Franceville. IT has changed the face public health in
> this small city. People used to wait a few days before getting their
> lab results. Now they get their results just after a few hours. And I
> can tell you it can make a difference between staying alive or dying
> because the doctor will not be able to make a correct assessment of
> the medical status of the patient on time.
>
>  A number of other health institutions are very much interested in
> implementing GNU Health and I’ll make sure that each and every health
> professional has heard about GNU Health. I am working on a strategy
> that will ensure that a huge number of them can test the system using
> the Demo version on DVD. It is indeed very difficult to access the
> demo version online.
>
> On behalf of all those who you are serving: the communities of Africa
> and of the world, the voiceless people, and who don’t even know that
> you exist, I say:
>
> Thank you, Muchas Gracias
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Armand
Thank you so much for your kind email, and for sharing your experience.
This news makes all the effort worth. Knowing that GNU Health is
improving the life of the people in Gabon and other countries in Africa
makes me, and the whole GNU Health community, very proud and happy.

It is because committed people like you, who deliver the solution
locally, that GNU Health is now a reality in Africa, Asia and the
Americas. So it is us who are very grateful to you, merci beaucoup !

Looking forward to seeing you soon, again. Keep up the great work !

All the best,
Luis

--
Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc