Re: [Health] ISO 25010 and GNU Health

From: Edgar Hagenbichler
Subject: Re: [Health] ISO 25010 and GNU Health
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 14:43:53 +0200

Hello Iwan,
hello all,

in 2014 Miguel et al. from Peru made "A Review of Software Quality Models for
the
Evaluation of Software Products" (arxiv.org/pdf/1412.2977).
Besides of ISO 25010 and other quality models they investigated also
OpenBRR (Open Business Readiness Rating),
SQO-OSS (Software Quality in an Open Source Context) and
QualOSS (Quality of Open Source,
http://cordis.europa.eu/publication/rcn/9315_en.html),
which are quality models for Open Source software.
Maybe those fit better to GNU Health than ISO 25010 (but a short search on
their homepages was not successful or convincing for me).

On Wikipedia I found Open-source software assessment methodologies
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_software_assessment_methodologies).

Qualification and Selection of Open Source software (QSOS) is an non-GNU
project
under a GNU license (https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/qsos/ )
which has a general mailing list that was last active in March 2013.

COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology) and ITIL
(Information Technology Infrastructure Library) could be mentioned in this
context.
The COBIT 5-process reference model defines 37 processes, which are grouped in
5 domains: one governance domain and 4 management domains.
ITIL is a set of practices for IT Service Management that focuses on aligning
IT services with the needs of business.
Maybe there are some GNU packages that are certified with this standards within
their organizations where they are used?

Maybe the GNU Software Evaluation page can also be useful
(http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.en.html) with the topics
Dependencies;  Configuration, building, installation; Documentation;
Internationalization; Accessibility; Security; Licensing.

My conclusion: I fully agree with Luis and Axel!

Best
Edgar