Re: [Health] GNU Health

From: Robert Schilt
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 07:08:26 +1000

Cedric,

That is not the issue at all. Clients are more than happy to share and for the hospital to store their medical history.

The challenge is how do we uniquely ID a patient in this cultural context as it relates to Electronic Medical Records.

On 2015-06-16 08:37, Maria Cecilia Santos Popper wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:27 AM, Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On 2015-06-16 17:08, Robert Schilt wrote:
> > > Thanks for your ideas and comments on this one.
> > >
> > > Basically, there is no such thing as a social security number in PNG. The
> > > government is currently trying to introduce a national ID card but is
> > still
> > > some years away. Furthermore, peoples names can change from visit to
> > visit
> > > (the concept of a fixed name is a very alien concept to many tribal folks
> > > around the world - not only PNG). The concept of uniquely ID'ing a
> > patient
> > > easily is therefore a pre-req for any HIS in this part of the world.
> >
> > If the government did not have one, why can't you manage one yourself?
> > You just have to give to the patient an ID card from the hospital. This
> > is far cheaper than having any biometric machinery and it will be far
> > better for privacy protection.
> >

> I think I see what Robert is trying to point: if the patient has no ID
> number provided by the goverment, and because of cultural issues, patient
> can change her name from visit to visit, then the only way to relate a
> patient to GNUHealth's ID is by the means of biometrics.

But why would a patient want to prevent you to find its medical records?

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: address@hidden