Re: [Health] Gnu Health 2.8 Could not connect to local database server

From: Maria Cecilia Santos Popper
Subject: Re: [Health] Gnu Health 2.8 Could not connect to local database server
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:51:30 -0300

Chris,

I can tell you I've experienced the same frustrating problem.
The issue is related with the postgreuser you are setting in the conig file.

Make sure this user has de appropriate password, with the following command
sudo su postgres
psql -U postgres -c "ALTER ROLE gnuhealth ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'gnuhealth' ;"

And make sure you are setting the same address@hidden in the config file.

That solved the problem for me.