Re: [Health] GNU Health Live CD 1.0.14 released

From: Maria Cecilia Santos Popper
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health Live CD 1.0.14 released
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:37:09 -0300

Hello Edgar!
Trust me... I've been there before and, as you suggest, I was tempted with formating my whole system just to get rid of the error messages! :)
The fact is that you really don't need to do this.
If you have a defective GNUHealth installation (let's say it was not fully installed or something went wrong and you want to start all over to document the process) I would just delete the users and user's folders.
I would definetely respect the order and users in which each part of the system should be installed, just to avoid confusion.
I'm not a SUSE expert, since I run GNU Health and Tryton on Mint and Debian, but if there is a SUSE distro available I would definetely go with it.You could tryt on a VM or a live cd, install any extra modules you like and then perform a full installation.

To install all the dependencies just go with the
sudo apt-get install package_name
(you would have to add the needed repository if neede though)

Remember, If you are using a new system (a 2012 or newer computer) you should disable fast boot and secure boot from your BIOS setpup, since that could be making the linux installation a bit more difficult! You can read more about this in http://askubuntu.com/questions/221835/installing-ubuntu-on-a-pre-installed-windows-8-64-bit-system-uefi-supported just to get you aquainted with the concepts.

If there is anything else I could do, feel free to ask!

Regards
Cecilia