Re: [Health] Assistance in tryton login (GNU Health 2.6 / KDE 4 / 32bit

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Assistance in tryton login (GNU Health 2.6 / KDE 4 / 32bit .)
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 13:33:43 +0200

> I have been having trouble with opening up any graphical application, root
> privileges are working fine in the terminal but none of the graphical
> applications  are opening, even after giving the root password "tryton"..
> that is including the yast firewall !

Thanks for reporting this, I could verify this on the Live-CD. It may be a
side effect of the build, but in any case, it should not.

> I have been trying turn the table by attempting to login as root and even to
> some point ssh the box and try to use "startx"  to get a graphical session
> on root account but so far so bad! i have edited various files in relation
> to display and root login, but still no success.

Na, that is not permitted on *x systems: Search for (e.g.)
  root  xhost +localhost
on google to get some basis

> any suggestions on another way to access the firewall and the other
> graphical apps?

Wait until I fixed that, or follow the instructions in
https://en.opensuse.org/SuSEfirewall2

The line you are looking for is e.g.

FW_SERVICES_ACCEPT_EXT="192.168.2.1/24,tcp"

in /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2

Dont forget to restart the FW

HTH
Axel