Re: [Health] Appoitments and Imaging

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Appoitments and Imaging
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:35:36 +0100

Hi Roberto !
On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 17:29:05 -0300
Roberto Novaes <address@hidden> wrote:

> We are implementing the system on an imaging clinic. I need to link
> appointments (under appointments menu) and Request Imaging Tests?

Congratulations on your implementation :)

Appointments and tests (Dx Imaging or lab) are independent. The
appointments keeps record of the visit of patients with specific health
professionals and departments.

The Imaging (and lab request) are more "internal processes" within the
health facility departments.

> Is it necessary to Request an Imaging Test and manually create an
> appointment?

Again. It depends. Some many appointments won't have lab or Dx tests
associated, and vice versa.

Let's suppose you, as a health professional order an Xray for
your patient. Currently, you can generate the appointment, in the
specialty place "radiology" (and/or the health professional) . There
you print or send the appointment number to the patient.
The next morning she shows up with her appointment number at the
radiology section, the request->result workflow of the Dx imaging.

If you really want to link Dx Imaging with appointments, then take a
look at the appointment -> evaluation related action you will see in
the appointment model . You could create a similar shortcut .

Hope it helps. I might have misunderstood your question.

Best,