Re: [Health] Details of EMR/EHR + documentation

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Health] Details of EMR/EHR + documentation
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 02:37:33 -0700

Hiya!

> Concerning Fingerprints it's not related to medicine but really just
> identification.
> So if someone has the right fingerprint - fitting to the identity card he
> is the person on the ID-card and can be handled like that person.
> Else he just found that ID card (or worse ... ) and is using it to get
> something for free.
> This identification-process is common and if the fingerprints can be stored
> it's a cool features but relates to the profile  in tryton and not to the
> health records directly.

For some patients who have difficulty communicating (dementia, language
barrier, psychosis, etc.) I definitely see non-verbal identification as
a very valuable goal. Biometric identifiers could be useful (and
implemented eventually in the way future), but the project is thinking
much more basic at the moment --- use GNU Health, FHIR interoperability,
etc. SSNs (Social Security #s) and MRNs (Medical Record #s) work well
enough usually (!). On the other hand, fraud is not on my mind at the
hospitals where I work in the States. What is on my mind is figuring out
who is who and similar issues: patient history, current illness,
imaging, etc.

-C