Re: [Health] bash_profile

From: David Bruchmann
Subject: Re: [Health] bash_profile
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:26:21 +0700

Thanks Chris,

sure concerning the installation it's more or less clear.
My question was more about the regular usage, so if there are some tasks that can be done easier by Batch, maybe even with advised procedures ...

Best Regards,
David

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Chris <address@hidden> wrote:
Hiya!

> Thanks for the information.

My pleasure, I hoped it helped!

> You can tell me which options exist to configure or access Tryton / Health
> by Bash?
> I think we speak always about the server then ...

I'm sorry but I'm somewhat confused by what you are asking. I think you
are asking if there is special and necessary configuration done by the
install script? Or if you need the BASH shell to configure things in
Tryton? From my quick code review, no, there isn't that much done
through BASH or the install scripts that is incompatible with Windows.
The wiki describes the install method through Linux using some of the
aliases in gnuhealthrc, but that can be ported to Windows, or simply
ignored. The fundamentals -- postgresql, trytond/tryton, python, pip,
etc. -- are platform-independent. Therefore, most of the code must
necessarily be independent from Linux, the Bash shell, BSD, etc. and
should be, in theory, functional across operating systems. The only
problem is that the helpful install script is a shell script.
Consequently, I think you mean to port the install script to Windows...
in a batch file or similar? Or to document the install procedure for
Windows? To be honest, it has been many years (10+) since I've used
Windows, so I don't think I can help too much, other than to
say...AWESOME!

Hope that helped somewhat.

-C

PS: If you use Cygwin, the shell script *should* work because that
mimics the Linux environment.