Re: [Health] Details of EMR/EHR + documentation

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Health] Details of EMR/EHR + documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:55:50 -0700

Sorry about the delay in responding.

> They help me getting an overview and what to speak about in my presentation.

Hope your presentation went well! =-)

> Concerning the file I downloaded (~15.9 MB), after verification of Gnu
> Health again, I can't say exactly where I downloaded it but I can open it
> with an unpacker and the screenshot is attached even I don't know if
> attachments work in this mailinglist. Basically it has 4 files included
> with the filenames 1) .text 2) .rdata 3) .data and 4) .rsrc. The
> file-suffix "ace" I added by myself, before the name was just without
> suffix.

What you are describing (and the screenshot I saw) is the layout of an
executable file in Portable Executable (PE) format, which is a Microsoft
Windows file format. There are standard sections of the PE format that
are linked/packed/etc. into one file. What you did was extract them. If
you are inclined to, you can explore further... although it quickly
becomes difficult (disassembling, debugging, hexdumping, etc). You could
probably execute the file, but I wouldn't suggest it, even if the name
is familiar (Anna Betz is the example patient).

All the best.

-C