Re: [Health] Extention/module for ayurvedic medicine

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Extention/module for ayurvedic medicine
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 18:55:28 -0300

Dear Ossi
On 09/09/2013 12:44 PM, Ossi Viljakainen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In India, the traditional herbal medicine, Ayurveda is widely recogniced
> and used by approx. 60% of the population.
>
> I am working with some ayurveda practitioners and institutes, and they
> have expressed interest of using GNU-Health for their work, to develop
> systematic clinical data on the efficacy of ayurvedic medicines and
> treatments for statistical and research purposes.
>
> To enable this, an additional module would be needed fro GNU-heatlh. I
> have a couple of developers, who can work on this and develop the module
> for us, and if there is interest, we can contribute it as an add-on to
> GNU-health project.

That sounds great. We are actually collaborating with the Auroville
health center in India (Tamil). Kaushik is part of the Auroville local
team that is working in the implementation.

We'll be having a module for the basis of ayurvedic medicine in GNU
Health. So bot the GNU Health and ayurvedic community will be happy to
have you.
> I have a few questions:
> - Tryton is modular, but does the design of GNU-Health support add-ons,
> which would create new tabs, add extra form fields or modify the way
> existing tabs are presented?
Yes. GNU Health is build on the Tryton framework, so it very flexible
and scalable. You can do all that, and much more ;)
> - Is there some practical GUI design tool available to design the layout
> of new screens/tabs? Preferably something which also a non-technical
> user can use for drafting a suggestion for screen lay-out.
The view generation is quite simple, XML based. With a little practice,
you will be mastering it.

All the best,