Re: [Health] New Column Add

From: Amidu Sila
Subject: Re: [Health] New Column Add
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 12:07:04 +0000

Please, can you hsare with us waht you have done?
Thank you in advance
Amidu

On 12/1/12 10:45 AM, Paras Jasani wrote:
Thanks Sebastian, article was good, i was able to put in a new module with a couple of parameters.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Sebastián Marró <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Paras

   When you develop on GNU Health/Tryton, you don't have to modify the database manually, you have to declare the new fields on the model (python file), and also on the views (xml file).

  Take a look at this example on how to create a new module [1]

   For more information on the Tryton API, go to [2]

   If you want to add fields on the patient it's better to create a new module and inherit the PatientData class instead of modifying the health.py file on the health directory. In that way when you upgrade GNU Health to a new version, you don't lose your changes.

  Regards

[2] http://doc.tryton.org/2.4/trytond/doc/index.html