Re: [Health] Help on GNUHealth installation on Ubuntu 12.0.4

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Help on GNUHealth installation on Ubuntu 12.0.4
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 21:12:36 -0300

Deat Mouti

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:54 AM, MOUTI, A. (MR.) <address@hidden> wrote:

> Any help will be appreciated on this subjected as it my third week

> struggling to get this installation alrite. I must point out that

> I’m a newbie to GNU/Linux world. I have followed the instruction on

> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation

> My installation address@hidden pip install --user trytond_health_profile came with the following warnings however the installation was successful. Note that every module installation came with this warning but I decided to shorten it by leaving out other warnings.

> ealth-socioeconomics, trytond-health-lifestyle,

> trytond-health-genetics, trytond-health-icd10, trytond-health-gyneco,

> trytond-health-pediatrics, trytond-health-surgery, trytond-health-lab,

> trytond-health-inpatient, trytond, trytond-product, trytond-party,

> trytond-company, trytond-country, trytond-currency

>    Running setup.py install for trytond-health-profile

>      warning: no files found matching '*.xml' anywhere in distribution

>      warning: no files found matching '*.odt' anywhere in distribution

>      warning: no files found matching '*.svg' anywhere in distribution

>      warning: no files found matching '*.po' anywhere in distribution

>                                             .

> .

> .

> .

> .

>      warning: no files found matching '*.odt'

> Successfully installed trytond-health-profile trytond-health

> trytond-health-socioeconomics trytond-health-lifestyle

> trytond-health-genetics trytond-health-icd10 trytond-health-gyneco

> trytond-health-pediatrics trytond-health-surgery trytond-health-lab

> trytond-health-inpatient trytond trytond-product trytond-party

> trytond-company trytond-country trytond-currency Cleaning up...

> address@hidden pip install --user tryton==2.4 gave me the

> following error and warning

> tryton installation error

> changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/tryton from 664 to 775

>      warning: no files found matching 'setup-bundle.sh'

>      warning: no files found matching 'share/pixmaps/tryton/LICENSE'

>      changing mode of /home/acutec/.local/bin/tryton to 775

> Successfully installed tryton

> Now here is my problem. When I boot tryton server, I get the following

> text

> address@hidden:~/.local/bin$ ./trytond

> [Mon Sep 29 21:03:48 2011] INFO:server:using default configuration

> [Mon Sep 29 21:03:48 2011] INFO:server:initialising distributed

> objects services

> [Mon Sep 29 21:03:48 2011] INFO:server:starting JSON-RPC protocol on

> localhost:8000

> My problem is the prompt does not move, it just stay there and I

> cannot do anything. My question is , is this normal? Anyway I open

> another terminal to boot tryton client

With that instruction, you are booting the Tryton server. That's OK.

Normally, You will have the server in one machine that listens to all the clients requests. So, in another machine you will start up the tryton client.

You can, of course, execute the Tryton client in the same machine, in another terminal, but you will need the graphical environment.

> Now coming to booting tryton client. When I boot it, It launches fine

> but when I try to connect it gives me the following

> (tryton:9139): LIBDUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL **: watch_submenu: assertion

> ‘GTK_IS_MENU_SHELL(menu)’ failed

Do you have the graphical environment in that server ? Are you running it from a remote connection ?

> Hope I have given enough information to help you figure out where I went wrong.

> Good people, rescue my situation

Let us know if you could solve the problem.

Best

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health