Re: [Health] Tryton Access Rules | Defaults for defined user groups

From: ronald munjoma
Subject: Re: [Health] Tryton Access Rules | Defaults for defined user groups
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:08:14 +0200

Hi Chris,

On 21 January 2012 13:38, Christoph H. Larsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Crowd,

The problem: I have set up a range of "Parties", including patients,
employees , insurance companies and institutions.
Likewise, I have a number of user groups, such as "Human Resources",
"Patient Registration", etc.
Evidently, we want to make sure that the guys in Human Resources canot
snoop on the patient core daty put down by "Patient Registration' in
Parties.
Hence, I used the access model "Party" for both "Human Resources" and
"Patient Registration", and defined access rules like:
Human Resources can see those objects in the Party model, if the field
is_institution = False AND if the field is_insurance_company = False AND
if the field is_patient = False. Sounds easy, but it is not: The Rules
in the Access Permissions tab of Groups can only do OR, not AND, or this
is what I believe, as I cannot string conditions together. It does not
make any difference, whether I put all conditions into ONE rule, or have
sequential rules with single conditions set up. Any ideas?

Also, for the group "Patient Registration", I would love to have the
fields is_patient and is_person set to TRUE, both to make life easier,
and to prevet the locking the patient registration staff from locking
themselves out of party records, when they forget to set is_patient to
TRUE. Any way how to define default values in Tryton?

Some what similar requirements were discussed on the list before, there is a proposal to have acess roles by default, see task #11368: http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?11368

Find below previous discussions (hope they address your issues):
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health/2011-11/msg00110.html
and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health/2011-11/msg00115.html

Regards
Ronald

Thanks a millions, and best regards from Kabul -

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph H. Larsen
synaLinQ (Vietnam)                      synaLinQ (Kenya)