[Health] setting up a local gnu health demo server

From: ronald munjoma
Subject: [Health] setting up a local gnu health demo server
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 18:18:23 +0200

Good day,

I am considering setting up a GNU Health demo server in Harare Zimbabwe (the server might be fire walled to Zimbabwean IP's only, bandwidth is still very expensive this side of the world, local bandwidth, that is connections that terminate at the Zimbabwe Internet Exchange is free from most ISP's)

I am comfortable with Debian and Ubuntu Linux distro's, planning to use Ubuntu 11.04 server.

The demo server should  be reset every midnight. if possible people should be able to login using different credentials with different roles and permission and security levels (e.g login as a doctor will give more access as compared to the demo user, login as a physician should also give different access to login as doctor ...)

I will be very grateful if you may provide guidance on how I can go about setting the demo server (I have never done this kind of set up before). I have managed to get Medical 1.0.1 running on OpenERP 6.0.2 before.

Luis, you once mentioned something about making a database available for demo hosting, is the database available?

I have not used Tryton, I will download it and try and get GNU health running on a local machine.

Regards and thanks,
Ronald Munjoma

The United Nations Millennium Development Goals
A set of 8 goals, agreed upon by 189 member countries of the UN, that if achieved would see the greatest improvement to the human condition by 2015.
http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/

Action on the MDGs: www.mdgpledge.org
Change your sig: www.mdgpledge.org/sig/