health-i18n

Re: [Health-i18n] using gnu health in persian

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-i18n] using gnu health in persian
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 16:57:50 +0100

Hi Hoda !

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 11:43:21 -0400
Hoda Aligoodarz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis Falcon
>
> As i said there is no part for persian in *Administration →
> Localization → Languages* section. So i can't active anything and
> there will be no persian in the preferences.
> I have added it by hand and i don't know if i did a right thing . but
> it has no use.

You are doing the right thing :)

That is what you have to do, as explained in Step 1 of the Localization
manual

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Localization

 "Step 1: Declare your language in Tryton and make it translatable.
 This can be done in the Administration → Localization → Languages
 section."

> I ran the commands you said in verbose mode but their was no fa.po
> for each module .
> maybe the problem is from my downloading part. Cou you kindly explain
> the downloading part ?

The command

$ ./gnuhealth-control getlang fa

downloads and installs the language "fa" (Farsi) for you. If you
declared it with that name, and activated the language, then it should
be detected and uploaded automatically in the update process.

You can check that you have the language packs installed by doing the
following :

$ cdmods
$ cd health/locale
$ ls -l fa.po

check the contents of that file. It should have the strings for the
core package health.

PS: Please try not to top-post when replying an email. Instead,
we kindly ask to use interleaved reply. Please check
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/FAQ#What_is_the_right_format_for_emails_?

All the best
Luis