Re: [Health-dev] [task #14727] Implement Action and Command codes - The

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #14727] Implement Action and Command codes - The GNU Health Command Line
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:06:27 +0000

Hi Axel !
On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 22:02:41 +0100
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 11. Januar 2018, 18:10:24 CET schrieb Luis Falcon:
>
> > Please take a look at the following screenshot, which summarizes
> > the concept of the GNU Health Command Line, the Activity Log and
> > the status, new features for the upcoming 3.4 series.
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/POOI8e7.png
>
> Nice......

Thanks :)

> > * GNU Health Command Line (CLI): You can see it at the bottom left
> > corner, with the dark cyan background and white font for the
> > command.
>
> As already discussed, for ergonomical PoV I feel it is better at the
> top - there you are mostly with the mouse

Sure, we can try different positions for the widget. I think either top
or bottom, but both on the left side.

> > The GNU Health command line is *very* useful, and it will allow most
> > operations without the need of the menu, increasing productivity.
>
> No doubt!
> I wonder if we have a prefix like
> /n - new activity in same (active) window
> /o - new activity on new window

On Tryton we already have tabs (notebook), so probably there is no
need, but we can check.

> > In this example, we invoke the SYSINFO command, that will bring up
> > relevant information from the client and the server.
> >
> > * Activity Log Window : That is the separate window that you see at
> > the left side of the screen. As I explained in other task summary
> > (see https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14805#comment0) it  registers
> > events and some command outputs (as in the case of SYSINFO).
>
> definitely helpful if you need to give support and need info about
> the environment (as in the case of SYSINFO).

Absolutely. No more asking endless questions to the user about the
running environment :)

> > * Status area : This is the section on the right side of the CLI.
> > It will display some events, always in a summarized way. In this
> > example shows the connection status ("Connected").
>
> and it will scroll through (as in the Log window) and displays the
> latest info?

Initially no. That is for the Log window, but we can show the latest
message header. Again, we can see what can we include. It should be
simple and light.

> > Let me know your thoughts and suggestions are most welcome.
>
> That will definitely be a great improvement for the client. If you
> got used to it, as in the SAP world, you will not miss it anymore.
> (and if you have not used it so far, you may not grab the value in
> the first glance)

True :) IMHO, it makes a huge difference in experience and productivity.

> Great job, let me know if I can support somehow

Thanks a lot for all the feedback & support !

Bests
Luis