Re: [Health-dev] [task #14727] Implement Action and Command codes - The

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #14727] Implement Action and Command codes - The GNU Health Command Line
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 22:02:41 +0100

Hi Luis,

Am Donnerstag, 11. Januar 2018, 18:10:24 CET schrieb Luis Falcon:

> Please take a look at the following screenshot, which summarizes the concept
> of the GNU Health Command Line, the Activity Log and the status, new
> features for the upcoming 3.4 series.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/POOI8e7.png

Nice......

> * GNU Health Command Line (CLI): You can see it at the bottom left corner,
> with the dark cyan background and white font for the command.

As already discussed, for ergonomical PoV I feel it is better at the top -
there you are mostly with the mouse

> The GNU Health command line is *very* useful, and it will allow most
> operations without the need of the menu, increasing productivity.

No doubt!
I wonder if we have a prefix like
/n - new activity in same (active) window
/o - new activity on new window

> In this example, we invoke the SYSINFO command, that will bring up relevant
> information from the client and the server.
>
> * Activity Log Window : That is the separate window that you see at the left
> side of the screen. As I explained in other task summary (see
> https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14805#comment0) it  registers events and some
> command outputs (as in the case of SYSINFO).

definitely helpful if you need to give support and need info about the
environment (as in the case of SYSINFO).

> * Status area : This is the section on the right side of the CLI. It will
> display some events, always in a summarized way. In this example shows the
> connection status ("Connected").

and it will scroll through (as in the Log window) and displays the latest
info?

> Let me know your thoughts and suggestions are most welcome.

That will definitely be a great improvement for the client. If you got used to
it, as in the SAP world, you will not miss it anymore.
(and if you have not used it so far, you may not grab the value in the first
glance)

Great job, let me know if I can support somehow

Best
Axel