Re: [Health-dev] [task #14797] Use PDF instead of ODT in reports

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #14797] Use PDF instead of ODT in reports
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 12:59:12 +0000

Hi Mathias, Adonay !

On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 21:40:52 -0200
Adonay Felipe Nogueira <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would add: make sure to produce PDF/A-1 documents. they embed fonts
> and other things needed to print without issues.
>
> Also make sure to use text fonts from GNU FreeFont because the license
> has font exception. If any other text font is used, since text fonts
> are functional works but can also be embedded in non-functional ones,
> other fonts with other licenses could make the document under that
> given license instead of letting the document author decide.
>
> I hope this helps, have a good year! ;)
>
> 2018-01-05T13:26:40-0500 Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > Follow-up Comment #1, task #14797 (project health):
> >
> > Hi Luis,
> >
> > this makes sense indeed, especially for documents meant to be sent
> > out to third
> > parties. PDF is for sure the most used format for exchange of
> > documents.
> >
> > Best,
> > Mathias

Thanks a lot for the feedback !

I think using PDF as default will make the system lighter and, as
Mathias said, increase accountability of the document. We could even
digitally sign the PDF itself, in addition to the health professional
digital signature embedded in the document if they use the
health_crypto module.

Bests
Luis