hashlet-users

[Hashlet-users] Release 1.0.0 Planning

From: Josh Datko
Subject: [Hashlet-users] Release 1.0.0 Planning
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 16:29:51 -0700

Hashlet-ers,

I'm trying to clean up things for the 1.0.0 release [1]. The main reason for the major number bump is that the public API will change:

old:

hashlet /dev/i2c-1 state

new:

hashlet state

I realized that since I'm also building the hardware I *know* what i2c bus the device is on :)

I've added a nonce command [2], which superficially is the same as the random command, however it's needed for the other crypto commands like: HMAC, GENDIG, etc...

Kyle volunteered to work on the HMAC command (thank you!) but I think he's rather busy at the moment, I don't consider this a *must have*.

If there are any features / bugs that you've noticed please let me know or participate on GitHub.

Upgradability: Anytime the configuration zone memory layout changes, the software feature will not be available on your current device.  This is an unfortunate result of how the security features on the device work.  So, for example, if the upgradable keys features is implemented [3], you will essentially need a new hashlet for this feature.

In the GitHub issues, I've tried to identify this backward incompatible changes and I will make this issues highlighted in the ChangeLog.

Josh

[1] https://github.com/cryptotronix/hashlet/issues/milestones?with_issues=yes
[2] https://github.com/cryptotronix/hashlet/issues/17
[3] https://github.com/cryptotronix/hashlet/issues/23